Alpha Melanotan II
Melanotan II is an unlicensed and largely untested form of alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone, which causes pigmentation (tanning) of human skin. Melanotan II is a variant of melanotan I (afamelanotide), a drug used in the treatment of erythropoietic protoporphyria.
Melanotan II non-selectively mimics the action of melanocortin peptides. These are natural hormones involved with pigmentation, energy homeostasis, sexual functioning, the immune system, inflammation, and the cardiovascular system. Much like melanotan I (afamelanotide), melanotan II stimulates the production of eumelanin, causing the skin to go darker (tanning).
Melanotan II is usually administered as an injection of liquid underneath the skin, commonly every second day. Trials have shown that the tanning effect can occur within 5 doses.
DOSAGE & INSTRUCTION
In order to use Melanotan II effectively, you need to understand your skin type. To keep things simple, we can go ahead and break skin types into three categories.
- Skin Type 1: Very fair skin, never tans. Dosages: 50-60mgs or 5-6vials.
- Skin Type 2: Fair skin, burns but sometimes tans. Dosages: 30-40mgs or 3-4 vials.
- Skin Type 3: Medium skin, sometimes burns and always tans. Dosages: 20mgs or 2 vials.
Beyond that, if your pigmentation is already naturally olive or darker, you will need to use less Meanotan II for your tanning needs. The tan results coupled with exposure to sunlight and UV rays should last a user all summer or through a season.
Daily Dosages vary depending on your needs:
- For Erectile Dysfunction (ED): average dose is around 0.025 mgs/kg (1kg = 2.2 lbs)
- For Tanning (skin pigmentation): average dose is 0.025-0.030 mgs/kg (1kg = 2.2 lbs)
Taking too much M2 can make you somewhat yellowish, so you need to start slowly with lower doses and move your way up.
Short term side effects after administration include:
- Facial flushing
- Reduced appetite, nausea and vomiting
- In males, spontaneous erections 1-5 hours after administration (priapism), associated with yawning and stretching complex
Long term, there is concern that melanotan II may increase the risk of:
- Melanoma– a potentially serious form of skin cancer
- New moles and atypical melanocytic naevi
- Melanonychia– brown to black discolouration of one or more nails
- Rhabdomyolysis – potentially fatal destruction of muscle cells
- Encephalopathy syndrome
There is also concern about possible side effects due to contamination or lack of sterility if melanotan II is prepared incorrectly or needles are shared.
Please we urge you to contact your physician and do thorough research before starting any type of diet, exercise program, supplement program, drug therapy or if you feel that you may have an existing medical condition.
The information presented here should not be considered medical recommendation in any way. Legal issues regarding anabolic steroids, growth hormone, and other performance related drugs vary from state, province and country. If these drugs are illegal according to the laws governing, please do not engage in their use.
There are no reviews yet.